I chose to weave onto a shiny metal plate which I got from Orinoco, and I attached a cassette tape at the top from which I started off by weaving with the shiny reel. I chose to do this to represent the prominent water droplets included in my photographs.
I then used my photographs as guidance to decide which colours and textures to weave with – I used a variety of greens, reds, oranges and blues which were the main colours I observed from my photographs.
I found that the weaving took a surprisingly long time and was quite fiddly (especially when weaving with smaller threads). I also had to be careful as the string I was weaving on to wasn’t being held too firmly, being tapes on as there were no ridges for it to sit in.